Posted on | August 22, 2011 | No Comments
I’m told these will make a post:
* Remember the zucchini plant in my community garden patch? The one that slugs ate? It’s now taken over the whole midsection of the patch and shading out the strawberries. It’s produced five zucchini already, and two more little ones are growing. Seriously. Maybe being eaten by slugs was good for it.
* The Wicked and the Just is up on NetGalley! Even if you’re not a reviewer, you can hop over there and have a look at the cover. Go ahead, I’ll wait. I’m told paper ARCs will be forthcoming by the middle of September, and hopefully I’ll have a nice big cover image to share.
* The Boy is visiting the grandparents for a few days. Believe it or not, this is the first time he’s been able to manage it without freaking out and needing to come home. This is what it will be like when he’s away at college. In five years from now. It will be very quiet then.
* I’m over at EMU’s Debuts today, talking about copyedits, hubris and how I trashed my liver with shiraz and black coffee to make that deadline. (A shiny gold star to you if you know what historical event I cribbed the title from.)
* The presentation on historical fiction I gave at the PNLA conference went very well. Twenty-some public librarians and me, playing in a YA and MG sandbox with scented markers and sticky notes. Fingers crossed that WLA accepts my pitch! I do love hanging out with librarians.